Retailers are able to rapidly deploy an optimized curbside pickup process with Kibo
Dallas, TX (June 23, 2020) – Kibo, a leader in cloud commerce, is releasing Curbside Pickup, a new fulfillment offering designed for retailers to meet growing demand for curbside pickup options resulting from COVID-19. In order to support retailers through the uncertain future of COVID-19, Q4 and beyond, Kibo is offering promotional discounts throughout 2020 to help retailers launch curbside pickup operations in 30 days and weave it into their long-term order fulfillment strategy.
Many retailers quickly adopted curbside pickup fulfillment to serve customers in a safe manner while maintaining social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Curbside pickup, which is a subset of the growing trend of buy-online-pickup-in-store (BOPIS) options, has been embraced by customers. According to the NRF, half of consumers have used BOPIS as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and more than 90 percent of those who have tried it said curbside was convenient.
Yet managing curbside pickup presents its own sets of challenges to the customer experience, especially for retailers who did not have buy-online-pickup-at-curbside (BOPAC) operations prior to the pandemic. Two of the primary issues are confusion that arises from inadequate or lack of messaging between customers and stores during the pickup process, and difficulty implementing a customer notification system for curbside quickly and at low cost.
To address these challenges, Kibo has created an easy-to-use and fast-to-implement curbside pickup web application designed to optimize the curbside experience for both retailers and their customers:
- Fulfillment UI: A simple user interface that enables in-store associates to trigger customized, 2-way communication between retailer and customer through SMS and email during curbside fulfillment.
- Customer Notifications: Automated notifications with order status updates, prompts to schedule and inform store of pick-up intent, QR codes to confirm order identification at pick-up, and fulfillment confirmations once the process is complete.
- Retailer Notifications: SMS/email messages for store associates to notify them about orders assigned to the store, when customers are en route or arrived for their orders, and detailed instructions on where to leave orders and how to identify customers.
- Platform Agnostic: Easily integrate with current technology platforms, ecommerce and order management systems.
- Lightweight Implementation: Retailers can go-live with curbside pickup within 30 days, with the solution only requiring order, location, and customer data from anywhere in your tech stack
“Curbside pickup was an integral part of retailer order fulfillment during the early days of COVID-19, and is here to stay, so Kibo is excited to provide an updated, frictionless curbside offering that can be easily integrated into an omnichannel commerce strategy,” said Ram Venkataraman, Chief Product & Technology Officer at Kibo. “We’re excited to build off the learnings of several successful curbside implementations of our order management platform to deliver a differentiated, superior solution.”