The COVID-19 pandemic has catapulted digital and omnichannel to the top of the priority list for retailers and brands worldwide. And the stakes have never been greater. Those who have already embraced digital and omnichannel capabilities are one step ahead, but it is not too late.
Benchmarking 125 retailers and brands, across 300 digital and cross-channel criteria, the FitForCommerce Omnichannel Retail Index 2020, released in partnership with Kibo, is the most comprehensive annual study of how retailers and brands deliver on the omnichannel promise.
Download the report to learn more about:
- The adoption of digital and omnichannel best practices in comparison to the last Omnichannel Retail Index
- Where retailers and brands excel and where they fall short
- Best practices examples across web, mobile, and in-store
Some of the key findings in the report include:
- Buy Online, Pickup In-Store (BOPIS) is offered by 66%, doubled since the first Index in 2016
- BOPIS is one of the most implemented cross-channel functionalities, offered by 83%
- 67% highlight in-store product availability online, either on category or product detail pages, an increase from 39% from the first Index
- 72% of retailers enable store associates to find products that are not available in the store at a different store location or online, up from 61%
- 69% percent of retailers in the Index offer Next Day Delivery, while only 20% offer Same Day Delivery
Outside of providing a comprehensive pulse of the state of omnichannel retail, the Index reinforces why digital commerce and omnichannel capabilities are the cornerstone of our new retail reality.
“The Omnichannel Retail Index captures the most important trends that have occurred in the past year and its findings can serve as an outline for retailers’ post-pandemic digital and omnichannel strategy,” said Lisa Kalscheur, Chief Marketing Officer at Kibo. “Retailers have been working double time to sustain their businesses by pivoting to digital channels, introducing BOPAC options like pickup in-store and curbside pickup, and have more work to do as the pandemic and the economic recovery unfold in the second half of the year.”
Omnichannel Retail Index 2020
Download the Omnichannel Retail Index report today for key insights and trends from the most comprehensive omnichannel benchmark study.