We’ve all heard the hype about anytime, anywhere shopping. Mobile commerce is transforming the retail landscape – changing the way consumers connect with the products they love. How do we know? If seeing shoppers roaming store aisles armed with their mobile devices isn’t enough to convince you, these five stats will:
- 56% of consumers have used their mobile devices to research products from home (Forrester)
- 34% use their mobile phones to research products in store (Forrester)
- Cross-channel shopping journeys involving mobile devices rose on average by 20% from last year (Cisco)
- More than a third of visits to online stores come from mobile phones and tablets (Custora)
- US mobile eCommerce is expected to hit $50 billion in sales this year (Custora)
In anticipation of Shop.org, I was excited to see this fact-filled infographic from NRF detailing the changing mobile commerce landscape. Fifty-three percent of retailers listed mobile as one of their top initiatives this year. Find out why below.
Source: Mobile Movers and Shakers in Retail