Retirement of TLS 1.0 Support – Kibo is dedicated to remaining PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant and providing the best security possible. This is to serve as a final notice that we will no longer support TLS 1.0 in sandbox environments (Transport Layer Security version 1.0) after August 16, 2018, and will no longer support TLS 1.0 in production environments after November 14, 2018. You must upgrade to TLS 1.1 or higher (we recommend the most recent version 1.2). If you are still using TLS 1.0 after these dates, it will fundamentally impact your ability to use our platform.
To support TLS 1.1 or higher you will need to take additional steps for the following Kibo eCommerce application types:
For .net applications, do one of the following:
For Java applications, do one of the following:
var adjustmentData =
//this doesn’t route properly
We recommend that you test your existing applications in sandbox to verify/correct any impacts this behavior change might have on your applications’ functionality.
This issue was originally found in the Kibo eCommerce Node SDK and has been patched in the latest Node update (version 2.12.2) found here. To apply this update, you will need to update your code and update/install the latest version of the Kibo eCommerce Node SDK. Note that although this issue was originally found in the Node SDK, it could affect applications that use other Kibo eCommerce SDKs as well.
Production Tenant Features
The following features were deployed to your production sandboxes on July 19 at 6:00PM. They are slated to release to your production tenants on August 16 at 5:00AM:
- Gift Card Processing – You can now process gift card payments through third party payment gateways for both online and offline orders and manage gift card payments within Kibo eCommerce. This feature requires changes to your core theme. Ask your theme developer to make the theme changes outlined in this github pull request. For more information about this feature, refer to the Gift Card Processing guide.
- Greedy Discount – You can now set up discounts that apply to the purchases required to qualify for the discount. Previously you could not apply a discount to purchases that counted toward the discount’s conditions. For more information, refer to the Discounts guide.
- Order Search/Filtering – You can now search for orders in the Orders grid in Admin by Product, Submitted Date, Company Name, Custom Attributes, Phone Number, Shipping Address, and External Order ID. To search by submitted date and custom attribute name, use the Advanced Filter. To search by product, company name, phone number, and shipping address, use the search bar. Note, only Submitted Date displays in the Orders grid currently. For more information, refer to the Search for and View Orders section of the Orders guide.
- Orders – Edit Gift Messages – CSRs can now edit gift messages for online orders and add or edit gift card messages for offline orders using the shopperNotes.giftMessage property within the UpdateOrder API call. After editing gift messages using that call, you can view the gift message for the order by viewing the order in the Order Details page in Admin. However, you cannot edit gift messages for orders using the Ship to Multiple Addresses feature. For more details, refer to the UpdateOrder API resource guide.
- Customers – View Customer External ID – You can now view a customer’s External Customer ID on both the Customers grid and the Customer Account page in Admin. On the Customer Account page, the External Customer ID field displays as “External ID”. For more information, refer to the Customers guide.
- Bazaarvoice – Single Product Feed for Multiple Sites – You can now link multiple Kibo eCommerce sites to a single Bazaarvoice client and import/export data from multiple sites at once. Previously you needed to set up a different bazaarvoice client for each of your Kibo eCommerce sites and pull data for each site individually. This feature requires changes to your core theme. Ask your theme developer to make the changes described in this github pull request. For more information on this feature including new fields and configuration instructions, refer to the Bazaarvoice configuration guide.
Production Sandbox Features
There are no features targeted for your production sandboxes this week.
The following list summarizes resolved issues for this release: